Saving Your Sight Is Our Passion!
For over 20 years, Ram Eye Care and Retina Center has provided unprecedented eye care with compassion and superior customer service to patients in Lake and Sumter Counties. When you choose Ram Eye Care and Retina Center, you can expect a knowledgeable and professional team in a caring environment. Dr. Ramchander, M.D. and his team are here for you, whether you need a routine eye examination, new eye wear or diagnosis and treatment for an eye disease. We offer comprehensive eye examinations and specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diabetic eye disease, macular degeneration, retinal detachment and tears, symptoms of floaters and flashes and dry eye syndrome. We pride ourselves on providing quality care, treating each patient like family. Utilizing state of the art diagnostic methods, we provide patients and their families with a thorough understanding of the nature of their eye condition and all possible treatment options.
What services does Ram Eye Care and Retina Center provide?
- Routine Eye Care
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Diseases
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Floaters and Flashes
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Diabetic Eye Disease
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Glaucoma
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Retinal Tears and Detachments
- Dry Eye Syndrome Treatment
- Eyeglass Refraction
- Emergency Treatment for Eye Accidents
- Evaluation of Itchy and Irritated Eyes Due to Allergies
- Eye Infection Evaluation
- Full Service Optical for Contact Lens and Eye Glasses
- Identify general health issues revealed in the eyes, high blood pressure, sickle cell anemia, etc.
- Laser Treatment
- Low Vision Evaluations
- OCT Macular Scans
- Pediatric Eye Exams
- Visual Field Testing
- And More
Don’t Settle for Anything Less Than the Best When It Comes to your Vision.
Dr. Ramchander, M.D., better known as Dr. Ram, has extensive training to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes both medically and surgically. He is board certified and fellowship trained in retinal surgery. His training and education include:
- Medical School & Ophthalmology Residency – University of Madras, India
- Internal Medicine Residency – McLaren General Hospital Michigan State University, Flint, Michigan
- Ophthalmology Research Fellowship & Residency – Kresge Eye Institute Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- Retinal Surgery Fellowship – The Toronto Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Board Certification – American Board of Ophthalmology, American Board of Internal Medicine 1990-2000
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Association for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology
Don’t Take Chances with Your Vision, Contact Us Today
If you or a family member need a routine eye examination or feel you have an eye problem, call our office to schedule an appointment at either of our convenient locations in The Villages or Leesburg. We accept Medicare and most major insurance plans.
Ram Eye Care and Retina Center Proudly Offers Services to the Communities in
The Villages, Leesburg, Lady Lake, Fruitland Park, Tavares, Eustis, Mount Dora, Umatilla, Howey-in-the-Hills, Wildwood, Bushnell, Belleview